Sunday, February 7, 2010

Bio Fools

I just caught the tail end of a discussion on the radio the other day. It seems that the enlightened ones are planning to go all out with bio fuels. To borrow a line from Blazing Saddles "We Must, We Must." or maybe "It's twue, It's twue." So what if a few million peasants starve, lets turn water into wine or corn into moonshine.
There's one catch. The mentally deficient believe they know more than PhD's in agronomy. According to what I caught in the discussion, these Bio buffoons want to extract more and more organic material from the fields, not just its fruits. We're talking stalks, leaves, everything.
I do happen to have an undergraduate degree in Agriculture, but if you were raised on the farm, turning your corn stalks back into the earth is like the ABC's of existence.
This movement is a disaster. I can picture a field hard as concrete because it has no organic matter left in it, not to mention all the fuel and chemicals used to get the net gain of alcohol.
And pollution, that's a no-brainer.
If I didn't know better I would think it deliberate.

No comments: