Monday, November 23, 2009

Ginkgo biloba

I was passing by the local funeral home and detected a foul odor. Naturally I slammed on the breaks to see if Hubert was putting the trocar to a body. Hubert has been taking gold crowns from the mouths of the dead for purt near twelve years now. He says he will soon have enough to buy his Uncle Ed's farm and John Deere tractor. But I digress.

Hubert wasn't there. As I looked around I discovered that the pungent odor was coming from across the road. There on the ground was a pile of fruit dropped from a ginkgo tree. The fruit looks like persimmons but smells like old gym shorts. That's why nurseries sell only the male trees. Being educated in Horticulture I ignored the fact and picked up some fifty fragrant fruit.

Now all I have to do is plant the seed and wait ten years to see which ones are female and cut those down. Maybe I'll get lucky and grow twenty five male plants.
Sometimes I'm amazed at my intelligence

No comments: