Saturday, November 21, 2009

Animal Rights

Those of you who read my incoherent ramblings know that I have this love hate relationship with commercials.
One that bugs me now is that sad TV commercial about dogs and cats in shelters waiting to die. They are humanized with their own captions like, "what will happen to me." My dog doesn't give a shit what will happen in five minutes. She wants bacon Now!
My brain is not sequential. I think of numerous subjects spawned from this one well meaning commercial. The first is remembering my dad and other men of the community taking sick or violent dogs for long walks and coming back without them. We were poor but we made the chore as humane as possible. Now we are enlightened "wink wink" and the world is even more violent.
Dogs and cats now have human characteristics while the elderly and unborn are more dehumanized to lower forms. No one is singing sad songs on TV while children are dismembered screaming " what have I done to anyone?"
Be careful what you support. We're all dispensable as Government decides.

No comments: