Saturday, May 9, 2009

Montana fights for State's Rights

Millions of Americans are watching to see if Montana's State's Rights bill will win a future Supreme Court decision. Thomas Jefferson once said and I paraphraise "As long as Govt. fears its citizens our Republic is safe, but when the citizens fear the Govt. we're in deep Sh--.

Being just a cotton picker, I realize that I'm over my head when discussing court decisions, but

Dr. Mark Levin explained "Liberty and Tyranny" If I read it right and heard it again correctly, the Court ruled against a small wheat farmer in Wickard v Filbum in 1941. It ruled against this ole boy for growing wheat for his own consumption. In no way did he violate interstate commerce.

Levin says Roosevelt made one of the greatest power grabs in American History in this decision. Google it if you care to. Montana, I hope the Feds don't sucker punch you. It has an arsenal of power grab brass knuckles to choose from.

2 comments:

Lori said...

My good friend Scott Mendenhall had a lot to do with that bill gettng passed in Montana. He pitched a HUGE fit and got 'er done. Yay Scott! Hope there's not too big of a showdown between the feds and Montana. That will be a tough fight.

HC said...

The same thing is also happening in the state of Oklahoma.