Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Larry Belitz


The man on the right is Mr. Larry Belitz. He has been involved in Native American culture since he was a kid. His buffalo skin teepees are in several museums across the country. He sews them with sinew from animal ligaments. Larry makes a lot of different "authentic" pieces, that is, there are no shortcuts or man made parts or ingredients in the shirts, robes, bows, buffalo coats, toys, bladder water bottles etc. The work is quality. Larry made the breast plate and other pieces for Kevin Kostner in the movie "Dances With Wolves"
My buddy Robert and I spent the day with Larry helping him with a teepee.
If you have someone who is difficult to buy presents for, look this guy up on line and see his work.

2 comments:

Lori said...

I've always been so proud of you for calling the guy up and going over there! Way to go. That's how memories are made. (and tipis!)

Lori said...

I wonder how you can block certain followers from commenting on your blog. I know it's do-able, but I don't know how. I'll look into it for you.