Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Helena Is Not Well

For some unknown reason while driving home today I came across National Public Radio. Sometimes I check in to see what the Commies are up to on my tax dollar. I should get used to it since it may be the only radio my new government will allow me to listen to in the near future. But that's for another day.
To my surprise the talk was a subject very close to me. Some lady from the Pubic Network was interviewing the Mayor of Helena Montana, a Mister Smith. If you can tell anything by a voice, he struck me as a nice guy. I could hear the deep concern in his voice. Entire mountain sides of standing dead trees cast a pall over the beautiful city of Helena. The citizens are sick over what is happening to their beautiful country. I visited my daughter and family there last month. It is death in Biblical proportions. Those of us who love the forests can scarcely bear to look upon such carnage brought on by bugs numbering just under the national dept. Some citizens are screaming global warming. Some just try not to look. The mayors attitude is pretty much, it doesn't matter who or what the cause, we must take action. For the sake of my family and this beautiful region, I hope these little tree killers suffer the coldest winter on record.

No comments: