Friday, April 24, 2009

Gentle On My Mind

YouTube - Gentle On My Mind

As you may have figured out I like songwriters, sometimes these guys are in the shadows unless they also have great voices like Carrol King and numerous others (Dillon, Prine, Jerry Jeff Walker, and Tom Waits,-----well,------ they are poets so it doesn't count) Songwriters, I guess like most writers are sometimes different, but I think you sometimes have to be in order to write.

This song is on my top ten favorite lyrics page. John Hartford a great banjo player was inspired to write this song after watching the blockbuster movie "Doctor Zhivago." Glenn Campbell recorded the song in 1968. It won four Grammies.

1 comment:

HC said...

You really bring up a good point with this one. We need to awaken the "backroads of our memory" when we listen to songs. So many times all we hear is the sound, and not the lyrics or the message. Good blog, I like your recent voyage on the sea of music.