Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Today

Today I planted some crimson clover in the vacant lot next to my house. I made big curving beds by scraping the earth with my rake. Next spring this poor soil will be bursting with red flowers nestled in green. There is something magic about planting a seed especially legumes on the poorest of soil. That which is dead is risen.


.


I don't get too torn down over this green movement. I sense that it is tied to something larger. By just having fun I probably do more by accident to enrich the earth with flora than those who cry "the sky is falling." The earth is in trouble. Perhaps it is wearing out. Perhaps it's ment to. A famous writer once said "all creation groans." I have planted hundreds of acorns. It's not like I'm on a mission, but one day a kid will play in the shade of a tree that I planted.





Acorn is an interesting word. In the south we call them acerns. Sometimes we are laughed at for these strange pronounciations. I did some research on the word. The Old English is Aecern. That would make sense wouldn't it.







Yes I digress but I'm an N as INTJ

1 comment:

Lori said...

Well written, Dad.